Employment Advice

If you are unsure about your employment rights at Citizens Advice North East Derbyshire we can advise you according to your written contract. If you don't have a written contract we can advise you about your statutory rights including the minimum wage and holiday pay. We can give advice about benefits or tax credits you are entitled to when in work. We can also advise on race and sex discrimination at work.

We can give you practical help by helping you make a claim for unpaid wages, checking redundancy payments are correct, advising on changes to terms and conditions, advising on your employee's individual rights and identifying possible claims for unfair dismissal.

If your problem is complex we can arrange for a referral to an appropriate specialist agency.

Frequently Asked Questions

Useful Links and Organisations

  • Derbyshire Law Centre
    The Law Centre provides specialist advice on employment issues for people living in Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire.

  • ACAS
    The "employment relations experts" who aim to prevent and resolve problems in the workplace

  • Equality and Human Rights Commission

  • Low Pay Commission
    The Low Pay Commission (LPC) was established as a result of the National Minimum Wage Act 1998 to advise the Government about the National Minimum Wage.