Legal and Tax Advice

At Citizens Advice North East Derbyshire we can help you gain access to justice, advise you on your entitlements under the community legal service, pursue compensation for accidents and injuries and give advice about pursuing compensation for accidents and injuries and guidance about going to court.

If necessary, we can make a referral to an appropriate legal representative.

We can also give advice on tax problems, including income tax, tax credits, inheritance tax and council tax. For tax credit claim forms see the HMRC web site.

Legal Links

Tax Links

  • HMRC
    News and information on tax and national insurance matters in the UK.

  • Tax Aid
    TaxAid is a UK charity providing free tax advice to people who cannot afford to pay a professional adviser. The service is independent and confidential.

  • Which? Guide to Tax

  • Tax Credits
    9 out of 10 families with children are entitled to tax credits. But you don't need to have children to qualify. Use these pages to find out how much you could get and apply online.