Citizens Advice North East Derbyshire 

Complaints and Feedback

Your right to complain

Every year at Citizens Advice North East Derbyshire our service helps thousands of people. There are occasions when someone comes away from our service feeling unhappy. That is why we have a complaints procedure. Sometimes we can put things right; sometimes we can only explain ourselves and apologise. What you tell us helps to improve our service to you.

We will treat your complaint confidentially, seriously and quickly. We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and explain how we will investigate. 

What can I do?

It is important to let us know that you are unhappy and to give us the chance to put things right. Don’t be afraid to speak to one of our advisers or managers – they might be able to sort out the problem straight away.

To contact us to make an informal complaint, you could visit us in person or call our Adviceline for free on 0808 250 5702. Our lines are open Monday - Friday 9am-2pm.

If you cannot hear or speak on the phone, you can type what you want to say using Relay UK; 18001 then 0808 278 7954

Otherwise, move to the more formal process.

Making a formal complaint

There are several ways to make a complaint. You can put the information in a letter and send it to the address below or drop it into one of our offices. You can tell us on the phone or face-to-face that you want us to investigate your complaint. You can email us at

If you prefer, you can ask National Citizens Advice to refer your complaint to us. You can complain via Citizens Advice by calling the complaints line. Or you can email your complaint. Citizens Advice will assess who is the best person to handle your complaint and ask them to deal with it. Please see the ‘Send your complaint to’ for contact details below.

If your complaint is upheld, you will get a full apology and, where appropriate, be given details of any action that our service intend to take to put things right. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can ask for a further review and we will tell you how to do this.

The address to write to is:

Chief Executive Officer
Coney Green Business Centre
Wingfield View
Clay Cross
S46 9JW

*please mark the envelope as Complaint*

Or make your complaint via Citizens Advice:

By post:

Citizens Advice
3rd Floor North
200 Aldersgate Street

By phone: 03000 231 900

By email:

By online form: Feedback and complaints – Citizens Advice

Complaints about Debt Advice received

The Financial Ombudsman Service provides a free, independent service for clients to solve disputes with not for profit debt advice providers.

The Financial Ombudsman Service will only step in once Citizens Advice North East Derbyshire has had the opportunity to investigate matters, so please contact us first.

If your complaint is about debt advice or if you were seeking advice about your credit record and you are not satisfied with the final response or if eight weeks have passed since you first let us know about your concerns, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman to review your complaint.

Contact the Financial Ombudsman Service

By post:

Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR

By phone:  0800 0 234 567 

By email: